Life is short, better drink more coffee. Monday is here. And that means that the survival day of the weekend is here again. It seems like Monday is always a roughed up version of the other days of the week. Since most people don’t like Mondays; why not do something you love on such a undesirable day. Like drink more coffee. I love coffee (guess that’s why I’m on my forth cup today). That got me thinking, what else could we do on Monday that we love that could turn our perspectives around. Here are just a few ideas:
- Drink more coffee (I can’t emphasize this enough)
- Read a good book (I am currently reading Simple Church by Thom Rainer)
- Have a quiet time (Suggestion: 1 Samuel has some great insights on God)
- Go outside (even if its cold)
- Do something with your kids (I held a bucket of rocks for my son as he scooped dirt in it over lunch today. He said it was too heavy so I needed to hold it. I was more thn happy too.)
- Spend time in prayer (Maybe your Monday stinks because of the mountains you face, why not talk to the Maker and Mover of mountains.)
- Make a list (of all the “good things” in your life)
- Go on a small adventure with your spouse or your sweet sticky someone (Today, mine involved a shotgun, my family, a heater, possible rattlesnake hideout, and a pressure tank)
- Give someone a compliment (It will make you feel better to make someone else feel appreciated. If you really want to up your game, shoot for someone that you don’t like or that you have a poor relationship with.)
- Write a blog about coffee (just making sure your still paying attention.)
- Look for a way to serve someone (I would go so far as doing something for someone who could never possibly pay you back.)
- Sing at the top of your lungs (Disclaimer: there is a time and a place for everything! In your car with the windows up, good idea. In a crowded bathroom while you do your business… awe what the hay, It’s Monday GO FOR IT!!!)
- Give Thanks (You may be miserable today, maybe even about to cry, or like me about to pee from all the coffee. There are moments and even difficulties that are placed in this day to help you see God a little more clearly. We are made to worship, but your worship means so much more when it comes on the rough days. So give thanks, praise, and worship to God, if for nothing else than its almost Tuesday.)
I hope that you reading this made your Monday just a little better. My Monday just got better by writing it. What would you add to the list? Feel free to add a comment below!
Grace and Peace to you!